Sunday, June 22, 2014

A New User-Generated News and Information Aggregate Site That Shows A Lot of Promise: A Message to Whoaverse’s Admin, Please, No Defaults

If you, like me, share and acquire news and information and entertain and are entertained by browsing forums and user-generated news and information aggregate sites, then you should be aware, there is a new player in town and it shows a lot of promise.

whoaverse.com is in its early alpha stage right now but the buzz its creating is intoxicating. I haven’t felt this much excitement about sharing information online for quite some time.

The admins of the site appear to be dedicated to transparency and at present are very receptive to suggestions on how the site should be managed. Have your say, I have already had mine. Here is my take regarding default subs:
1) “Personally, I don't think there should be any defaults if at all possible. I think once people join they should see the top subs and be able to click on the ones that they want to join, like a list.”

2) “I think there should be no defaults, but a list from which people can choose what they want as their defaults. I also think this should be implemented as soon as possible before the flood really begins, because it's coming.

“Just imagine what a beauty it would be if as soon as you join there is a list of the subVerses, from most to least... even an option to categorize the subs based on a certain topic (a list with sorting ability).

“IMHO, The main downfall of Reddit (2, 3, 4, 5) was that there were defaults, so people were being herded into specific locations. It made it way too easy to manipulate.”

Whoaverse.com first video ad

1 comment:

  1. An alternative to Reddit? I'm all in. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete