Everything is politics, from what we eat to what we drink, from what society deems acceptable behavior to what it considers a criminal offence, from who we interact with to how we interact with them. Politics decides if we are free or if we live as slaves in bondage.
Politics determines what our children are taught in school, how we treat the ecosystem, what theories scientists investigate, how art is perceived (video), what version of history we recall, and how the future will remember us.
In essence, politics governs our thoughts, our understanding of reality, and how we and our society evolve. It is, therefore, essential that we participate in the political process, may it be through demonstrations, whistleblowing, elections, activism, disobedience or a myriad of other forms of direct action, or may it be through simple analysis so that we have a full understanding of what is being done in our name.
At present, one of the main issues of our time is if we should go to war with Syria. The war drums are pounding and it appears that war is all but certain. A crucial time, indeed, considering the gravity of the situation and where this is going to lead us. The question is, should we continue to intervene in the political affairs of other nations (2) or should we mind our own business and tend to our own problems?
Below you will find some questions that we should be asking ourselves regarding this war. Some of the answers to these questions, or at least some additional information, have been itemized as well as provided as hyperlinks. If you would like to have a brief synopsis of the premise of what’s being presented, the following lecture by Scott Ritter provides it. The lecture, which in my opinion should be mandatory viewing for every American and part of every high school curriculum, explains what took place in the buildup to the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, the opening of Pandora's Box.
“The US ambassador to Baghdad conceded yesterday  that the Iraq invasion had opened a Pandora's box of sectarian conflicts which could lead to a regional war and the rise of religious extremists who ‘would make Taliban Afghanistan look like child's play’.”
Scott Ritter - Iraq Confidential
Just a few questions that we should be asking ourselves before we begin another war:
1) Haven’t we done this before? 2) Are we about to bomb another country? 3) Are we targeting Muslims? 4) What are the repercussions of this? 5) How will this affect our relationship with other countries? 6) Are we going this alone? 7) Will there be any blowback? 8) Will the world regard this as a crusade? 9) What are our reasons for going to war? 10) Did someone use forbidden weapons of war? 11) Do we have any proof of this? 12) What does U.S. intelligence say? 13) Do we know who used them? 14) Are we being told the truth? 15) What’s really going on? 16) Who’s pushing for this war? 17) Who are some of the beneficiaries? 18) Do Syrians want us to intervene in their civil war? 19) Will we be able to contain this? 20) Who are some of the other players we should be concerned about? 21) What do some of the dissenting voices have to say? 22) Could this be a false flag? 23) Are we here again?
- Transcript of Powell's U.N. presentation - 6 February 2003
- United States bombings of other countries - 1950 to 2011
- Eye-Opening Graphic: Map of Muslim Countries that the U.S. and Israel Have Bombed - 13 December 2011
- The Syrian refugee crisis in numbers - video animation - 25 July 2013
- Russia sends warships to Mediterranean as Syria tension rises - 13 August 2013
- Obama Left With France as Ally in Syria Fight - 30 August 2013
- U.S. shuts more than 20 embassies in Muslim countries amid ‘the most serious threat’ in years - 13 August 2013
- The Bush Crusade - 3 September 2004
- Wesley Clark ( US 4 Star General ) US will attack 7 countries in 5 years. (video) - 3 October 2007
- Exclusive: CIA Files Prove America Helped Saddam as He Gassed Iran - 26 August 2013
- Syria chemical weapons attack blamed on Assad, but where's the evidence? - 29 August 2013
- US Finally Admits What Ron Paul Said: "Nobody Knows Who Set Off The Gas" - 29 August 2013
- Syria asks UN to immediately investigate 3 new ‘chemical attacks’ by rebels - 28 August 2013
- Anderson Cooper and CNN have been caught staging fake news about Syria to justify military intervention. - 30 August 2013
- The Syrian Regional War: NATO on deck! - 28 August 2013
- Bill Kristol Is Getting the Band Back Together - 27 August 2013
- Lockheed Martin shares up amid news of chemical weapons pretext for war in Syria - 27 August 2013
- Most Syrians back President Assad, but you'd never know from western media - 17 January 2012
- Lest we forget, an attack on Syria is an attack on Iran and a threat to the Shanghai Cooperation Organization - 9 January 2013
- Saudis offer Russia secret oil deal if it drops Syria - 27 August 2013
- George Galloway - 2013-08-29 Parliament on Syria - 29 August 2013
- Ron Paul: Syria is a “false flag” - 30 August 2013
- Bush "Fool Me Once..." - June 2006
For some additional information, here are the references from the introduction:
Dead Prez - Talib Kweli – Sharp Shooters Lyrics
Did Monsanto Trick California Voters?
The Shocking Story of How Aspartame Became Legal
A Domestic Surveillance Scandal at the DEA? Agents Urged to Cover Up Use of NSA Intel in Drug Probes
Conservatives slam Trudeau over marijuana legalization stance, saying drugs have ‘harmful effect’
Exclusive: As Judge OKs Force-Feeding, California Prisoner on 47-Day Hunger Strike Speaks Out
Pirate Bay decade: Fighting censorship, copyright monopolies bit by bit
Chris Hedges: Monitoring of AP Phones a "Terrifying" Step in State Assault on Press Freedom
The 2005 Bankruptcy Bill: Knowing a Financial Crisis Was Imminent, Banks Lobbied Government to Pass Laws to Preserve Their Wealth
Saul Says B.C. Education Cuts Bleed Democracy
Commodification of Water, the Quintessential Issue of Our Time
Frank Zappa: Statement To Congress, September 19, 1985
Part 1 - Frank Zappa at PMRC Senate Hearing on Rock Lyrics
Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States
Does Obama know he’s fighting on al-Qa’ida’s side?
TED Backs Down: People Power Wins Against Censorship
U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News to Americans
Paradigm Shift in Education: Krishnamurti on the Educator, RAW on Ignorance, Gato on the System, and Hamming on Learning
“Flash Mob of Protests”: “No War With Syria” Rallies Planned in Over 70 Cities for Saturday
Why the U.S. Government has such a hard-on for Edward Snowden
Washington State and Colorado Join the Fray: Cannabis Legalized
Aaron Swartz, America’s Mohamed Bouazizi: We’re in the midst of a revolution, which side are you on?
Bradley Manning and the trial of the United States Military
The future of Africa looks bleak, here is why
“War Is A Racket” by Major General Smedley Butler
Target Iran: What Bombing Syria Is Really About
Brzezinski: ‘Global Political Awakening’ Making Syrian War Difficult
World War III began in May 2006: Building the New Map of the Middle East in Real Time
Iran, not Syria, is the West's real target
Iran moves to sue US over 1953 coup
25 Quotes About The Coming War With Syria That Every American Should See
Why Stocks Have Risen: Stimulus, Stimulus, and Indefinite-Stimulus, i.e., Transfer of Wealth from Main Street to Wall Street
US envoy to Iraq: 'We have opened the Pandora's box'
Talk - Scott Ritter - Iraq Confidential
Update: Adding a Song
Post a Comment